Search This Blog

Sunday, August 4, 2013

My 1st Post

I'm stepping out on faith and selling my work. Honestly, I feel vulnerable; but I've got to put myself out there. Otherwise, I'll continue to feel that I'm living only a half of my life.

Writing is a personal thing. I believe that most writers would tell you that. You spend weeks, months, sometimes years, working on something that in the end is priced at $1.99. You can't cookie cutter the writing experience, but some people manage to stay close to a formula that makes the process easier. It took time for me to not only realize the standard formula does not work for me, but to also develop my own.

The women I write about are flawed. Some of them have been described as outright 'crazy'., But, they're the ones I love the most, and I wouldn't have them any other way. The point is, life experiences make us very distinct characters. Not all of us can be zombie-ass kicking sexpots in bloody black leather, or petite sword wielding tamers of vikings and knights. Not everyone wants to seduce a duke, though most of us wouldn't mind marrying a billionaire - or at least having his love child. And with a greater understanding of Sharia law many of us are rethinking our bargains with the sheik. I've fantasized about my share of vampires and were-others. Who wouldn't when you have characters like Eric Northman, Alcide Herveaux, Damon Salvatore, and Klaus? But when it comes to bondage, there's just no shade of gray there for me. I'm always the one with the whip and the key. So, while I might write about a take charge kind of guy, I'll never write about a woman being a total sub.

I write about one type of man in many packages. He knows the right woman for him when he sees her. He may drag his feet making a public commitment, but his eyes never wander. Everything he does from then on is with her in mind. She doesn't have to wonder about him being selfish or negligent. His greatest flaw is that he isn't fluent in 'Woman'. He is tender, but ruthless; generous, but not foolish. Since most of my inspiration comes from real life guys, they may have something about them that's not perfect, but pretty darn close to it.

While I remain a one man kind of gal, the greatest benefit to being single is that I can fall in love almost every week. I take full advantage of that. Living halfway between Military City, USA and the oilfields of South Texas, I am in the prime location to find studs to write about. Oh, what fodder! Perhaps my readers will enjoy meeting some of these guys through my writings.

No comments:

Post a Comment